Good afternoon SUNS!
We are excited to have our students back to school on September 8th! The custodial staff has been working hard to make sure everything is clean, and our teachers are getting the classrooms ready to welcome back our returning students and welcome our new students.
In the coming days, information will be provided on what to expect and how we can all work together to make the return to school as safe as possible. Please continue to monitor Newswire daily.
A few things to keep in mind:
Sneak Peek will occur on Wednesday, September 2nd and a schedule has been developed based on last names.
- 10:00 a.m. Students with last name starting with A, B, or C.
- 11:00 a.m. Students with last name starting with D, E, F, or G.
- 12:00 p.m. Students with last name starting with H, I, J, or K.
- 1:00 p.m. Students with last name starting with L or M.
- 2:00 p.m. Students with last name starting with N, O, P, Q, or R.
- 3:00 p.m. Students with last name starting with S or T.
- 4:00 p.m. Students with last name starting with U, V, W, X, Y, or Z.
- 5:00 p.m. Anyone who was unable to come at their designated time.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
If you are interested in purchasing a device (i.e., Chromebook) for you child, the school board has a partnership with Staples and Dell. You may be able to find a comparable device if you shop around as there are some great back to school sales going on right now through other stores. When considering your purchase, a backpack friendly device is recommended.
Visit the WCDSB website to learn more about the programs and devices that available for purchase through STAPLES and Dell.
Preparing Our Students for School
As we approach the start of the school year, you may wish to have your children practice wearing their masks for extended periods of time so they feel more comfortable with them and also to practice proper handwashing and sanitizing.
The following video has some great tips to begin developing some mask-wearing habits/strategies/understandings with younger children:
Pediatric Infectious Disease Specialist, Dr. Jacqueline Wong, shares her tips for finding the best face mask for kids, and demonstrates how to properly wear one in this Global News interview: Wong Mask Wearing
We look forward to sharing more information with you this week so please stay tuned!